Steam Crave Community Forum

Author   Comment  
Gerald_s

Reply with quote  #1 
After at about 5 weeks of testing the Squonk Mod my conclusion of this device is: it's pretty good and usable, everything works fine and it's a good Addition to my Reo Grand. BUT: there is one Thing I really hate with this mod: it's asking very often "same coil?". Yes, it's always the same atomizer, the same coil, nothing changed. But as soon as the mod is not used for half an hour or an hour this question is showing up. This is really annoying, I have some other regulated mods too, none is asking this question. I'm aware that this is important for TC but I am not in TC mode so there is no need for it. Maybe in upcoming versions this problem can be fixed.

But beside this: the box is great and worth the money.
smw6181

Reply with quote  #2 
Mine has the same problem.  Also tends to leak from the bottle inside the mod.  Has a Velocity 2 RDA on top with squonk pin.  Feeds fairly well but that little bit of leaking is messy.

And as you mentioned, the whole 'new coil' thing is REALLY annoying.  That shouldn't change unless the atomizer is removed from the device.
Gerald_s

Reply with quote  #3 
Hmmmmmm.
I never had any leaking - no matter which atomizer I'm using.

As it's inside the box you should make sure that the bottle is really touching the bottom of the box - otherwise it will become loose and then it might leak. That means of course that the inner tube will not reach until the ground of the bottle but that's not a big problem as the liquid transport is still working very well.
smw6181

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald_s
Hmmmmmm.
I never had any leaking - no matter which atomizer I'm using.

As it's inside the box you should make sure that the bottle is really touching the bottom of the box - otherwise it will become loose and then it might leak. That means of course that the inner tube will not reach until the ground of the bottle but that's not a big problem as the liquid transport is still working very well.

Yep that's how mine is set up.  I think it's leaking around the bottle threads.  I'm gonna switch bottles and see if it goes away.
Pegaso

Reply with quote  #5 
is the resistence reading rigth or does it have any diference regarding what you have in other mods or ohmeter?
smw6181

Reply with quote  #6 
Definitely reads differently.  I have a .65 coil in there and it reads it at .63.  same for a .57 coil I have, it reads it at .61.  It's kind of erratic.
Vapemate

Reply with quote  #7 
Doesnt every mod read the coils with a little difference? Never seen a mod that gives exactly the same as a ohm meter.
And 0.02 - 0.04 difference is pretty good imo.
smw6181

Reply with quote  #8 
Yeah it's not 'bad'...just a little erratic.
DrumSmoker

Reply with quote  #9 
I've received two mods a month ago (got 'em on a super-low clearance price). Now, both have the "old/new coil" issue, both leak very frequently from under the 510 (they leak when staying on the desk, not when pressure is applied) and one had the fire-button that tended to remain stuck. I've fixed the button issue by cleaning out the internals and can live with the coil issue, but this uncontrollable leaking really pisses me off. Maybe I'll swap the 510 plate with a Fat Daddy.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.